Monday 28 April 2014

Early morning workout

I had forgotten how good it feels to workout in the morning before work. 

I am definitely a morning person and usually feel a lot sharper getting up earlier to train. 


This morning I got up around 5.30 left home soon after 6, after my commute into work I got to the gym around 7.15, did a 45 minute work out and still got to work around 8.20.

I felt really good from getting up early and felt a real buzz from my training, the only thing bringing me down was the general moans of colleagues complaining of tiredness from the weekend and towards the week ahead.


After my gym session this morning I realised it had been almost a month since I last went to the gym in the morning before work. I have been running once if twice but this was the first time since the end of March I had been to the gym in AM or in fact at all for a proper workout other than a warm up before going out running.

Different commitments and some time of work have meant I haven't been able to fit morning workouts into my routine and I have really missed them.

Thats not to say I have been doing any less training, I have just been enjoying training in the evening sunshine since the evenings got lighter and warmer.

I cant believe it has been so long as I really enjoy an early morning workout and really value the added sharpness and energy it gives me throughout the day. 

Over the next couple of weeks I want to start getting back into training twice a day a few times a week, gym in the morning and running in the evening.

I covered 12K again at the weekend and managed faster pace than last week and felt a lot stronger so I am starting to shape up quite nicely. 

I plan to cover 12K+ on Tuesday and am looking forward to the added mileage and feeling stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment