Tuesday 1 July 2014

Half year evaluation

So with 6 months of the year now done and dusted its time to see what I have done in the first half of 2014.

So to date this year I have completed 754Km or 468 miles. Not bad considering I had almost a month of injured so I am pretty happy with that and like the idea of trying to pass 1000 miles for the year which I think I am on course for.

Overall I have ran on 
78 occasions this year including indoor and outdoor training runs as well as events.

In terms of events I have completed 
4 parkruns as well as one half marathon and one 15 mile race.

The 15 mile race was the Benfleet 15 in January which was a rather muddy affair that my trainers ended up looking a little worse for wear after.




In March I spectacularly smashed my Half Marathon Personal Best with a great run of 1.39 knocking 7 minutes off my record at the Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon.


My other highlights include my two international runs I completed while on holiday in Greece and my advancements in running longer distances home from work spurred on by the run2work campaign. 

Currently my furthest run home stands at 22K and I hope to continue to increase this distance and be able to run the whole way home by completing the extra 5 or 6K soon.









My focuses are all on the second half of the year now with my main objectives being the following:

•My 3 marathons
•Running the entire distance home from work
•My continuing search for a parkrun PB
•More streaks and being more confident at running consecutive days

I hope you have been happy with your achievements over the first half of 2014 and wish you well with your endeavors over the second half of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment