Saturday 6 September 2014

6 month anniversary

Wow! I realised it has been six months since I started my blog! As they say time flies when you are having fun! 

So I thought I would mark this milestone with a specific blog to mark where I am now, what the last six months has brought and where I am headed going forward. 

Over the last six months I have really enjoyed writing and sharing my experiences on my blog and through social media. My blog has developed quite quickly and I am suprised and impressed with what I have done with it in a short space of time on top of a full time job, all my training and many other commitments.

My blog kind of kicked off when I wrote this article for the website running junkies. Give it a read and let me know what you think! Running junkies is a brilliant website whether you are a fanatical regular runner or just starting out  on your running journey.

My blog quickly moved from its blogger domain to being self hosted in June I think and I have since branched out in several directions.

Google+
My main outlet is via Google+ where I have met loads of people and some really interesting runners and learnt so much about a wide range of stuff and have enjoyed being part of communities sharing tips, photos, ideas, quotes, facts and recipes. If you are on Google+ add me to your circle +Gareth Davies.

Twitter
Twitter has long been something I have wanted to get involved with as a way of interacting with people and as a way to follow the going on of my favourite sports star and teams. I set up a twitter account for my blog @beoutrunning in April and have greatly enjoyed following many fitness and running type resources, organisations and individuals.

Recently I have also started branching out onto Bloglovin and Pinterest

Bloglovin is a great way for you to keep up to date with your favourite blogs and Pinterest provides a opportunity to find and share ideas, pictures and quotes on your chosen subject or interest. If you are on these platforms and want to connect with me I am garethdavies31 on Pinterest and you can find me on Bloglovin as Gareth Davies or as be out running

Running wise again I have achieved a lot over the last six months and the two feed off each other. I want to run more to give myself something to write about and having a blog on the go motivates me to run to provide writing material.

My main highlights have been smashing my Half Marathon PB in March, a few parks runs and the Spitfire Scramble 24 hour team relay event. I am also smack bang in the middle of my three marathons in three months before I am 30 challenge (I really need to think of a snappier title!) trying to crack a sub 4 marathon. The first marathon was last month at the Vanguard Way and I have my next one up at the end of September with the Nottingham Marathon.

My blog is very much a work in progress and I will continue to add new posts and pages. I have so many posts drafted waiting to be finished and posted and have so many great ideas to write about!

A big thank you to anyone who has every read a post, wrote a comment, +1'd me, reshared, liked, favourited, retweeted, pinned or connected with me. And a special thanks goes to everyone who has wished me well for races or provided any kind of running or blogging advice I am genuinely grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment