Thursday 2 October 2014

One of my best ever running experiences

This morning I headed out for a little run before work, I just wanted a gentle few kms as this is my first run post marathon. 

I toyed with the idea of getting involved with run2work and running part of my commute but decided against it as I just wanted something short and gentle. 

I headed out from my gym in central London and decided against my usual kind of route along the river.

Instead I headed towards Trafalgar Square, it was nice to experience one of London busiest tourist attractions in the stillness and quietness of 7.30 in the morning.


I then struck upon the idea of heading towards Buckingham Palace as I often forget to realise how close and accessible to Central London it is.

Running along the mall with the queens residence in my sights I realised I was of course running along the world famous finishing straight of the London Marathon, poignant as only yesterday I received my London Marathon rejection magazine.


The highlight of my run and one of my best running experiences occurred on the return journey. 



After a quick pic of her majesty's pad, with the fear of trying not to look suspicious like I might be a terror crazed jihadist in these security conscious times, I headed back along the Mall adjacent to St James Park.

All of a sudden the chimes of Big Ben rang out, it was one of those movie moments where the traffic seemed to quieten and time stood still for a few seconds. It just gave me a moment to reflect on how lucky I am to be a runner and how lucky I am to experience these kind of moments in World famous areas that I am fortunate enough to have on my doorstep.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this little snippet of my running experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment