Sunday 28 December 2014

How was your running over Christmas?

First off best wishes for the holiday season to everyone, hope it has been a merry Christmas and all the best for 2015 to everyone reading.

My Christmas break has been spent tucked away in a rented holiday cottage in Yorkshire with my wife as we decided to escape the stresses of a typical family Christmas at home by going off on our own, and we have had a great time!

Christmas day run?

Did you run on Christmas Day? In the build up to Christmas I noticed the buzz on social media focusing around people's plans to run over Christmas and specifically people's plans to run on Christmas Day itself. At the start and of the week I was full of plans to run over the week and to get out and run on the day itself but the week didn't quite work out the way. Who managed to get out for a run on Christmas Day? Pre Turkey or post Turkey? And who managed to maintain their running over the Christmas holiday period? Hats off to you if you did!


Running sight seeing

I am not afraid to admit that I haven't been running in a week!

My last run was while in Sheffield visiting my sister and I took the opportunity to sneak out for a few miles to see some of the sites. Predictably the sites I was in interested in seeing were sports related as I made a beeline for Hillsborough football Stadium.  

I was pleased to get out and stretch my legs and get a few miles in ahead of the indulgences of the coming festive period. 

Over the next few days I plan to reflect on my running achievements in 2014, so after a shortage of posts over the last few days standby for a flurry of activity for the end of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment