Thursday 18 February 2016

Enjoying life and enjoying running

Yesterday was a classic day, a day to make you feel good, great actually. 

I didn't do anything mind blowingly amazing just had a good time doing things I love. Unfortunately it was a work day so that took up a large proportion of my day and I can't see I really enjoyed that bit of the day.

It was an early start to the day, the early bird catches the worm and all that. I was up at 5.30 and out the door soon after 6 braving -2 temperatures as winter finally seems to have hit the UK. 


A train and a tube into central London brought me to Regents Park and meeting up with running buddy Tony.

An early morning track session was planned, as we jogged to the running track we both marveled at the wintry scene we were running through. 


Once at the track the hard work began, we had scheduled a 800m interval session, 4x 800m @ 5K pace sandwiched with 400m recovery laps. Physically it was tough but mentally it was OK as 4 sets of effort is a nice number to deal with, after lap one you know you are already a quarter done and before you know it your finished. 


It was a great session that left me buzzing through the day. I was showered and changed and ready for work before 9. I love achieving things before work, I like getting up with a focus in mind rather than the drudgery of just another day of work in prospect. 

After a pretty stressful and busy day at work it was time to enjoy the evening with an overdue birthday trip to Yo Sushi with the wife. 


I know it's not the most amazing restaurant and certainly not the best sushi venue and can have quite a marmite affect on sushi lovers and haters alike, but I like it, it's a fun place to eat out. 

Pretty soon we had wracked up an impressive tower of plates. 


It was soon time to head home and get an early night and time to reflect on an enjoyable day. 

It's always good to be thankful for the good things in life and to remember to enjoy life. 

The day was very much my kind of day; running, being busy and enjoying large amounts of food.

I also wanted to capture that day as it summarised what my blog is all about quite nicely, pretty easy going, understated ramblings including some running and some food. If you like this then check out my blog here, follow me on Twitter, like my Facebook page, or check me out on bloglovin

Happy running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment