Tuesday 25 February 2014

Injury strikes!

How do you cope when injury strikes days before an event?

I have been training for a half marathon for the last few months and am on course to smash my PB but this week I seem to have been struck by peroneal tendonitis, basically a sprain to the outside of my ankle. 

I have been taking it easy and haven't run since the weekend but it seems to be getting worse but annoyingly it looks fine and hasn't swollen at all!

So I am just treating with the trusted RICE principle in the hope it will be OK to run on come the weekend but I am not that confident.

Any advice on coping with this kind of injury either physically or mentally greatly received! 

Cheers,
Gareth
Gareth.davies31@hotmail.co.uk
http://idratherbeoutrunning.blogspot.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment