Thursday 27 November 2014

Day 11 Getting the hang of these early morning runs

Todays run - Race against the clock - Pavement - 5K - 26.00

Day 11 and my third early morning run, I think I am starting to get the hang ofthis  early morning running business! 

This morning I ran the same route as I did on Tuesday morning, the route I am referring to as my 'cheat' route as it is route I usually run the other way round to incorporate the uphills but I have now started using it this way as an easy run to take advantage of the downhills!

I was really pleased with my time as I knocked off 1 minute 46 seconds off my time on Tuesday! I didn't push flat out and nor did I take it that easy on Tuesday so I am pleased that I feel good and have some spee in my legs.

This morning was so much milder than it had been on Tuesday, I had again wore shorts, my new running fleece and a wooly hat but straight from the start I was warm and soon became sweaty and uncomfortably hot. Great British weather hey?! Unpredictable and changeable!

Only one other runner spotted and passed this morning, despite a cheery greeting from myself he powered on by, head down breathing and panting hard. 

I am really enjoying my early morning runs and am planning on keeping it going right through to the warmer, brighter sunnier months, I cant wait for it to be warmer and nicer! 

This is my last run before my Target Asics 26.2 boot camp tomorrow and cant wait to run as part of the boot camp session! Thanks for reading, anyone else enjoying early morning runs in the dark and cold at the moment?


No comments:

Post a Comment