Sunday 30 November 2014

Day 14 Enjoying running after a long weekend

Today's run - gentle pacing run - Pavement - 5.32K - 26.59
Yesterday's run - fartlek - Pavement - 8.22K - 43.33
Friday's run - Track session at Asics Target 26.2 - Around 7K covered

After a busy weekend it's time to catch up on my runstreak runs. Since my last update on Thursday Day 11 I was at the Asics boot camp on Friday and then had a particularly stressful day yesterday and today to be fair and although I had time to run but not to write it up.

For a summary of my experiences at the Asics boot camp you can read my experience here.

Yesterday I was looking forward to a chilled out Saturday, writing up my boot camp experiences, heading for a run and watching the rugby. It didn't quite turn out that way as when we returned home after a trip out in the morning we found our kitchen flooded!

The rest of the afternoon was then pretty much spent clearing it up then trying to identify and rectify the problem before trying to arrange for a plumber to come out through discussions with our landlord. The problem was eventually pinpointed to a blocked drain just outside the flat and when it was all over I was glad to get out for a run to relax and escape the stresses of the day.



I completed a 8K fartlek run and enjoyed throwing in some good sprint speed work, I am conscious of continuing to work on my speed and get faster ahead of any races next year.

In the evening I was so grateful to relax with some great home cooked food courtesy of my wife.




Today was also a stressful day as I had my parents visiting which is always a draining experience!

I was so looking forward to heading out for my evening run but didn't enjoy it as much as I could of as I struggled after a big Sunday lunch.


One of the main highlights of running at this time of year is seeing the Christmas decorations out and about. Here is the highlight from today's run:



Now I have had a bit of time to reflect on my Asics boot camp experience I am to be honestly feeling pretty calm about the next stage and progressing in the competition. What will be will be!

I am still incredibly eager to be involved in the final 5 and am very interested to see how I would progress in the voting stage but at the same time reluctant to but myself through the stresses of voting.

There were so many deserving characters at the boot camp and I just don't know how the judges will be able to pick out just 4 or 5 runners per category.

Thanks for reading, thanks for the support and honestly and sincerely the best of luck to all bootcampers for the next stage! Please remember my runstreak in support of Pancreatic Cancer and raising awareness of Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, if you would like to donate please visit my JustGiving page, thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment