Wednesday 26 March 2014

Tasty brown rice lunch

I had a great idea for using up a bit of left over bacon; I made my own kind of risotto dish for lunch.



Probably not technically a risotto but a rice dish non the less with tomatoes and mushrooms  to accompany the said bacon with a few generous squirts of ketchup.

It ticks all the boxes, delicious? Had bacon in so yeah! Nutritious? Made with brown rice so a nice whole food card source and it had a good amount of veg in it via the tomatoes and mushrooms. Quick and easy to make? Pretty much, rice never takes too long and it only took a few minutes to fry up some mushrooms and bacon, and I did extra rice so got some for lunch tomorrow. The test will be whether it fills me up and keeps me going all afternoon? Time will tell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment